Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First Fantasy Football blog of many

      First fantasy football blog of my career. I would like to start with a piece I have been working on for a while now. Basically it has been forming since the end of last fantasy football season. I have been working on a draft day tool called the SOSPRO number. Basically this is a number used to describe a players potential to score fantasy points at a maximum level. This number is not a ranking in the sense it tells you a players rank compared to another player like all the ESPN and YAHOO ranks do. This is a tool to help you decide where to select a player based on his draft day value. My system will show you which guys will be a great steal in rounds 4 or 5, as well as show you the folly of wasting a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a guy. Here is my list as of today's transactions. This should be fairly accurate as almost all major free agents and QBs are settled down now. It also does not rank any players from the current draft class. This shouldn't be a big deal though as most of them would be non-impact players this year; with the exception of a few WRs and maybe a RB or two. Rookies are always a gamble and really it is up to the drafter where they will go as all projections are completely speculatory. My next blog will contain the document I have been creating with my top 200 players based on their SOSPRO draft value number. Thanks for checking out my blog and hope to see you back!                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment